(using InfoPath 2010 or 2013)
Design your form data source and layout in InfoPath
- Start InfoPath 2010 or 2013 in Design mode.
- In Popular Form Templates, click Blank Form (InfoPath Filler), and then click Design this Form.
- If there is not a Design Tasks pane, click Data Source.
- If there is not a Fields pane displayed to the right, then on the Data tab, click Show Fields.
- In the Add Field or Group window, type FirstName as the name of the field, and then click OK.
- Add another field. In the Add Field or Group window, type MiddleInitial as the name of the field, and then click OK.
- Add another field. In the Add Field or Group window, type LastName as the name of the field, and then click OK.
- Add the myFields group to the form.
- On the Data tab, click Submit Options.
The Submit Options dialog box appears.
- In the Submit Options dialog box, click Allow users to submit this form.
- Click to select the Send form data to a single destination check box.
- In the drop-down list, click SharePoint Document Library.
- In the Submit Options dialog box, click Add.
The Data Connection Wizard starts.
- Type your SharePoint document library link in the Document Library box.
Your document library link may resemble the following:
Use the UI to submit the form data to a SharePoint Services document library in InfoPath
- Type the document name in the File name box.
You can use a document name such as TestForm.
- Click Next.
- In the Enter a name for this data connection box, type a name for this data connection.
- In the Data Connection Wizard, click Finish.
- In the Submit Options dialog box, click OK.
- Save your form template as SubmitToWSS2010.xsn.
- Start InfoPath Filler 2010
- Click Find a Form.
- Find SubmitToWSS2010.xsn, select it, and then click Open.
- Complete the form.
- On the File menu, click Submit.
If the form is submitted successfully, you receive a message that indicates this.
- Quit InfoPath Filler. If you are prompted to save your changes to the form, click Don't Save.
- Start Windows Internet Explorer. Locate the document library that you provided in step 6 of "Use the UI to submit the form data to a SharePoint Services document library in InfoPath"
You will see a new Form item in the document library, and your name will appear in the Modified By column.
- Click the new Form item.
The form that you submitted opens in InfoPath 2010.