There are various scenarios where you might want to submit a form to multiple destinations, such as submitting to SharePoint and also sending an email. This article explains how to set up a multiple submit in InfoPath 2010 or 2013 so that it will work on mobile devices with the Formotus app.
Note: Multiple submit is not supported on workflow forms, and will fail to upload to the Formotus server.
Option 1: Add multiple submit rules to a button
This is the easiest and most straight-forward way to accomplish a multiple submit: simply add two or more rules on a button that each fire a submit action. (In the past this approach was not supported, and Option 2 below was required.)
Limitation: Rules other than submit rules are not supported on a button with multiple submit rules.
Option 2: Enable multiple submit from the menu
- In InfoPath Designer with your form open, click File.
- Click the Submit Options button.
- Leave selected Allow users to submit this form.
- Choose Perform custom action using Rules.
- Select Show the submit button...
- Click OK.
Set rules to run on Submit
- On the Data tab, in the Rules group, click Form Submit.
- In the Rules pane click New | Action | Add | Submit Data and proceed to finish configuring the data connection.
- Repeat step 2 to create a new rule for each submit action you want to configure.
Shown below is a form with two rules for two submits:
- Submit the form to the customer by email if an email address has been entered in the form
- Submit the form to SharePoint
You can download this demo form to examine its settings.