There are a few unique things about using InfoPath with the Formotus platform. Start with these resources to get an overview:
- Visit our training page to watch instructive videos.
- Read our blog post about things to do and not to do in InfoPath.
- Use our InfoPath Starter Form to get a head start on creating your own mobile forms.
- Microsoft resources page on InfoPath 2010 and 2013
- Introduction to form design - but disregard "Select a Template" and "Select the Visual Layout" sections. Always choose the template Blank Form (InfoPath Filler) and don't rely on the custom page or table layouts and themes because they are not optimized for mobile.
- Working with views - Views are used in special ways by Formotus, so get to know them.
- Data connections overview - email and SharePoint are the most common
- Introduction to controls - make sure you understand the difference between controls and fields
Besides our own training videos, there are many other training resources available to help you get up to speed using InfoPath. Here is one good training site with both free and paid videos:
InfoPath 2010 Primer
We've gathered some of the most important help articles from the Microsoft site, edited out the parts that don't apply to Formotus forms, and put it all in a Word document for you. Download the Word document now.
- Book: Using Microsoft InfoPath 2010 with Microsoft SharePoint 2010: Step by Step , by Darvish Shadravan and Laura Rogers, reviewed here.
- Site: http://www.bizsupportonline.net/ has many articles, tutorials and videos by the author of several books on InfoPath and SharePoint.
- Forums: http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/ is a very active community of InfoPath users asking and answering questions.