Team, Enterprise plans; Formotus Pro
The Users page is where you can you manage all your Formotus users, groups of users, and devices.
Licensed users are users who have been added to your Formotus service plan. There are 3 types of users:
- The owner has exclusive control over certain organization-wide settings. The person who signs up for the Formotus service is typically the account owner. The account owner can pass the ownership to another individual.
- The owner is an administrator by default. You can add as many administrators to your account as you like. Each administrator consumes a license-month in their home Formotus account. Administrators can be added as guest administrators to any Formotus account, with no additional license-month required. Administrators are also licensed to run the Formotus client software on up to 2 devices. Administrators sign in to the Formotus portal to: create forms; upload forms; add/delete users; deploy/undeploy forms; run reports on forms usage; track device usage; and more. Click on a user's name to edit that user's information, or to assign a password to that user. You can also click in the Forms column to see which forms are deployed to a user, or click in the Devices column to see what devices the user has registered.
- Licensed users can only sign into the Formotus Pro app to work with forms that have been deployed to them. Mobile users cannot sign into the cloud console.
Groups are a convenient way to manage form deployments. Here is how groups work:
- Create a group of users who will all be using some of the same forms.
- Users can belong to multiple groups.
- Deploy a form to a group to make it available to all members of that group.
- When you add a user to a group, all of that group's forms will automatically be deployed to the user.
- Removing a user from a group does not delete the user, it only undeploys the group's forms.
- Deleting a group does not delete any users, it only undeploys all the group's forms.
On the User page n the Devices column, you will see a heading that each user is licensed to run the Formotus Pro app on two devices. The column shows how many devices each user has registered. Click in the Devices column to see which devices are registered to a user, or to unregister a device.
Important: If a user has registered the maximum number of 2 devices and wants to add a new device, then the administrator must unregister one of the users current devices. Note that unregistering a device does not prevent the same device from being re-registered, if the signs in on it again.
Tags: Pages, Users, UserManager